Our client is an important international player, Western European headquartered. They are developing customer-specific visualization systems with the best image quality and innovative product features. From medical equipment & devices (ex. endoscopes), camera systems and light modules to complex visualization systems, they offer a wide range of products and services as partners for optoelectronic visualization. Tier 1 for the OEM/ original equipment manufacturers.
Their plant in Bulgaria is growing very dynamically, and they opened a new developed position of Production Manager, to offer support on production to the existing Plant Manager.
Production Manager, Bulgaria Plant
Location: Southern Bulgaria
The position is directly subordinate to the local Plant Manager.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Management and further development of the production activity and production teams in the Bulgarian plant (~170 employees in production, in total, including the team leaders)
- Coordinate production capacity and organize capacity balancing between production areas / lines within the plant;
- Responsibility for increasing efficiency through the introduction of a performance measurement system, continuous improvement & optimization (through improving times/ operations and material availability)
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of quality with a clear “0-error” goal
- Experienced in launching new products; being the interface function in the transition phase between the prototypes development process to the series production; coordinates and optimizes the processes
- University technical degree (Mechanical Engineering, Optics, microsystem technology) or a comparable education
- Min. 5 years relevant professional experience as Industrial Eng. Manager or Production Manager
- Successful track records in the production activity and in the further development of production plants
- ERP expertise | MS Office skills are required
- Industry experience in medical technology and optics is an advantage
- Experience in production process optimization and in continuous improvement methods, such as Kaizen/KVP, Six Sigma
- Well organised
- Good communication ability
- Positive personality, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Proactive an inner-motivated person
- Good leadership, being able to deal with people
- Advanced / Fluent in English; German would be a plus