Our client is a multinational company active in automotive sector. They are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Manager to work abroad.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Manage and oversee all Supplier Quality engineering activities to achieve internal and external customer’s requirements; establish, meet and track all departmental objectives by leading, allocating and developing team resources;
- Manage department performance by reviewing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), while checking work, tracking progress, enforcing company policy, training and motivating employees;
- Champion individual and team efforts and aid in the development of professionals, to achieve individual leadership/accountability to company goals and objectives;
- Build and communicate action plans, manage them actively and establishes a routine reporting structure within the organization at all levels;
- Supports the team in correct application of the Supplier Selection Process, working with Purchasing to select and develop suppliers through regular assessment and plant visits. Lead and/or participate in proactive and early involvement initiatives;
- Respect the fundamentals of APQP to ensure the flawless launch of new products;
- Ensure permanent supplier efficiency analysis through monthly Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reviews, in conjunction with the Supplier Quality Manager Europe. Support, develop, implement and close loop on supplier improvement plans;
- Initiate supplier-related problem solving, to address non-conformance, delivery problems, warranty cases and/or other performance issues as necessary; drive containment activities, communicate with the relevant internal/external contacts and ensure timely closure and effectiveness;
- Support processing and disposition of supplier non-conformances and initiate supplier charge backs to recover costs associated with poor supplier performance;
- Conduct supplier manufacturing capability assessments as appropriate and develop action plans to close gaps.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience within Semiconductor (Automotive or Aerospace manufacturing is a plus);
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering;
- Must have previous work experience in a semiconductor manufacturing facility and an understanding of front end (FAB); back end (Packaging) and testing activities;
- Knowledge of failure analysis techniques for electronic parts;
- Must have 3+ years of experience in handling non-conforming parts and analyzing corrective actions;
- Must have with 3+ years of experience in auditing (VDA 6.3 and/or ISO 9001/ IATF 16949);
- Extensive knowledge of the Core Quality Tools, 8D - 5 Why´s, LEAN manufacturing, Pareto data analysis etc.;
- Flexibility to travel on company business (up to 40% of work time);
- Valid car driving license.